Welcome to Life Forest
Life Forest is a Nonprofit Conservation Cemetery
We believe natural beauty helps promote healing by connecting to and harnessing the boundless energy of nature.
An Environmentally Friendly, More Affordable, and Inclusive Alternative to Traditional Burial
Life Forest provides burial plots for composted or cremated remains, and replaces headstones with trees. Grow a beautiful living memorial for your loved one within a peaceful vibrant forest.
Discover Life Forest's Eco-Friendly Burial Options
Life Forest Steward Program: See How We Can Help You Today
Supported by The Modern Mortician
Join the Life Forest Community
There are many reasons why people choose Life Forest to ensure their legacy and commitment to the conservation and preservation of our forests:
• You want to bury more than one loved one, or include a pet.
• You do not own land where you can memorialize your loved one.
• You love nature and want to ensure a safe place where you will be memorialized.
• We can arrange for the transportation of ashes anywhere in the U.S.
• A reliable, easy-to-work-with organization that provides quality and value.
What People Are Saying
Many clients express wishing there was some other way to honor, memorialize, and visit final resting places. Many keep ashes home and move them around, wondering what to do. Life Forest offers a beautiful solution. – Catherine McManus, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
"Life Forest has already demonstrated they excel at the most important part of being a cemetery-keeper, holding the space and holding the bereaved."
-Corinne Elicone, Mount Auburn Cemetery's first female crematory operator in their near 190 year history
"Even when I Pass My Granchildren Can Still Hug Me"